Tuesday, January 22, 2008

PSP Wallpapers

I've been creating wallpapers for mine and other's Playstation Portables (PSPs) for quite some time. Wallpapers/backgrounds for the PSP are what you see behind the icons and text of the PSP menus. I've created around 650 wallpapers so far most of which can be seen in this forum: PSP Wallpaper Forum as user TAP50.



Feel free to send me a PM in the forum to create you a background. I create special requests in the forum all the time.



I use Photoshop to create the wallpapers. I plan on posting some tips/tricks I've learned in Photoshop.

I host my wallpapers on a site called ImageShack (http://www.imageshack.us/)

...and here's the useless info part:


The size of a wallpaper for a PSP is 480 x 272 pixels.

Some users prefer what is called a TEMPLATE be put on the background. This is the template I created:
















If you check the forums, you'll see that others have utilized this template as well.

The template is overlayed on the background image. The purpose of the template is to give a darker background where the menu icons show up on the PSP.

The template can just be an overlay that you see through or it can take on the theme of the wallpaper.

Here are some examples of PSP wallpapers I've created:

(click on images to see them at actual size)











































No comments: